Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sew Many Cards November Release Party




It's finally here! After a week of sneak peeks, scavenger hunts, and blog hops, Angela is ready to reveal her new images. My assignment for the release party was the November Value Pack. This a super deal. You get 6 digi stamps (Donkey with a turkey, leaf, acron, pie, applels, and a crow) for only $6. Angela ask me to create something other than a card using this pack. I remembered seeing a very elegant table runner in a craft magazine about a month ago. The letters were gold embossed, and it was tied together with gold cord. Although I loved the look, I knew it would never work with my wild bunch. I just don't think my kids are quiet ready for gold embossing, china, and crystal. YIKES! So I decide to try a less formal verison for the release party. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, and you can adapt it to fit many different occassions -- birthday parties, Christmas, baby showers, etc. Here's the recipe:
Cut cs into 4 X 6 rectangles (you'll need one for each letter and image)
Cut the same number of 3 1/2 X 5 1/2 rectangles from pp
Cut out letters (I used my Cricut with the Storybook cart)
Color image(s)
Glue layers and emblish with smaller images
Punch two holes into each side of the cs
Thread ribbon thru holes and tie
Be sure and check out all the super new images and the design teams' terrific creations at the Sew Many Cards blog and at our Release Party Spot. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. God bless.
Sheila


3 comments:

kim.mom said...

That is absolutely beautiful!!!! I'm so going to "lift" your idea!

Anonymous said...

this is definitely a wonderful idea and i'm definitely going to have to keep this on my list of things to scraplift-excellent sheila!

Cheri said...

What a wonderful idea. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future (maybe even Thanksgiving)

Post a Comment